Chicken Tortilla Soup
An easy to make soup that's quite good. Fresh chicken and tortilla chips with vegetables. Makes for a delicious, warm soup. Try garnishing with cheese and/or a little sour cream.
- 2 breasts skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 2 cans (14.5 ounce) chicken broth or best from homemade batch
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 8 ounces corn tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (optional)
- In a large pot over medium heat, cook and stir chicken in the oil for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cumin and mix well. Then add the broth, corn, onion, chili powder, lemon juice, and salsa. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Break up some tortilla chips into individual bowls and pour soup over chips. Top with the Monterey Jack cheese and a little sour cream.
Nutrition 486 calories; 19.8 g total fat; 51 mg cholesterol; 1618 mg sodium. 55.2 g carbohydrates; 25.2 g protein