Fried Rice Restaurant Style
A quick fried rice like you get at your favorite Chinese restaurant. A couple of eggs, baby carrots, peas and soy sauce is all you need.
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 cups jasmine rice or alternatively enriched white rice
- 4 cups water
- 2/3 cup chopped baby carrots
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 whole eggs
- 2 tsp soy sauce to taste
- 2 tsp sesame oil to taste
- In a saucepan, combine rice and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, boil carrots in water about 3 to 5 minutes. Drop peas into boiling water, and drain.
- Heat wok/saucepan over high heat. Pour in oil, then stir in carrots and peas; cook about 30 seconds. Crack in eggs, stirring quickly to scramble eggs with vegetables. Stir in cooked rice. Shake in soy sauce, and toss rice to coat. Drizzle with sesame oil, and toss again.
Per Serving: 261 calories; 8.4 39.7 5.8 46 381