Dr. Pepper Crock Pot Pulled Pork Recipe
American Cuisine: Dr. Pepper Slow Cooker Pulled Pork is the perfect way to serve a crowd. It’s easy, tender, delicious and everyone always loves it!
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 pork butt or pork shoulder roast 4-5lbs
- 1 pinches salt and garlic powder to taste
- 1 whole onion sliced optional
- 1 can Dr. Pepper
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce or to taste
- 8 rolls French’s Crispy Fried Onions, Original
- Place the onion in the bottom of the slow cooker. Rub the outside of the roast with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Pour the Dr. Pepper over the pork and cook on high 4-5 hours or on low 7-8 hours.
- The meat will be very tender. Using 2 forks, shred the pork and place back in the juices.
- Add barbecue sauce to taste. Allow to cook an additional 30-60 minutes if desired.
- Serve on crusty rolls with coleslaw.
If your pork produces a lot of juice you might like to remove some before adding the shredded pork back into the mixture.Nutrition information does not include rolls.